COVID Plans and Policy

The PDI team has every intention of holding the 2021 Preprofessional Dancer Institute in person. Given that the program is not being held until the beginning of the fall season, we are very hopeful. However, given the fluid nature of the pandemic, we reserve the right to move it to an online platform during the same dates – Thursday, September 2 through Monday, September 6.

During the month of July, PDI staff will evaluate the feasibility of holding the 2021 program safely in person. A decision will be made no later than July 31.

The decision will be based on the following factors:

  1. Health and safety guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control
  2. Guidelines and restrictions issued by the State of New Mexico.
  3. Availability of studio facilities in Santa Fe. We have the studio space secured but using the space will depend on their decision regarding outside rental groups during the scheduled dates based on a health and safety evaluation of COVID concerns.

As students and families travel to PDI from locations from all over North America, the health and safety of our participants in our top priority.

Under any circumstances, PDI will not be postponed or cancelled. If deemed necessary, the full program will be held in a virtual format. By claiming your invitation to attend in May, you agree to participate whether we hold the program in-person, or virtually. The above cancellation/refund policy will still apply.